Favor is when someone looks on you with grace, acceptance, a desire to benefit and give gifts, pleasure, kindness and beauty. You can find favor by being planted in God’s house.
Every day they continued to meet together in the temple courts. They broke bread in their homes and ate together with glad and sincere hearts, praising God and enjoying the favor of all the people. And the Lord added to their number daily those who were being saved. Acts 2:46-47
In the temple or church and in small groups meeting in homes, the early church experienced favor with all people. Favor empowered them to make a difference in the lives of those around them.
5 Things Happen When You are Planted in the Church
“But blessed is the one who trusts in the Lord,
whose confidence is in him.
They will be like a tree planted by the water
that sends out its roots by the stream.
It does not fear when heat comes;
its leaves are always green.
It has no worries in a year of drought
and never fails to bear fruit.” Jeremiah 17:7-8
- You Have Roots – The Giant Sequoia’s in California are the largest living things on earth. They stand tall through the power of their intertwined root system. Roots will hold you steady in the storms of life. (Click here to read more of this story)
- You Have Peace In The Heat – Heat comes. Life can be so hard. Roots help you take the heat. They provide perspective to help you trust God and rest in his ability to work all things out for good. (Romans 8:28)
- You Will Be Fresh And Alive – Being planted keeps us connected to the source of life. It keeps us ever-green in every area of our lives.
- You Are Unfazed By Changing Times – We are surrounded by change. Changing climates, whether cultural or relational can be unsettling. Being planted keeps us steady.
- You Never Stop Bearing Fruit – Jesus said, “Abide in me and you will bear much fruit?” (John 15:5) You don’t have to struggle and strive to be fruitful. You just have to stay connected, stay planted.
The church is God’s hope for the world. The church is God’s hope for you. Good things happen when you are planted!