People thrive in an atmosphere of acceptance, authenticity and hope. We talked about that last week. We are intentional about providing that transformational atmosphere at Shoreline. We believe going to church is more than checking something off your good-stuff-to-do-list. You will find things in church you just can’t find anywhere else:
1. The refreshing of his presence – We can experience refreshing in our personal quiet time, but something special happens when we gather together. We enjoy the energy and enthusiasm of worshiping God together. It’s just the boost we need to keep moving forward.
I was glad when they said to me, “Let us go to the house of the Lord.” Psalm 122:
2. The shaping of his word – Every week at church we come hungry to hear the word of God. We know his word is life. It sustains and guides our lives. The truth of God’s word helps us live well.
I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you. Psalm 119:11
3. The fellowship of his people – Over and over in the Bible we are challenged to be there for each other. Love each other. Pray for each other. Comfort each other. Encourage each other. We were never intended to live life alone.
And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25
4. The intervention of his power – God is all-powerful. When we come together and pray we see God do what only he can do. We experience healing, deliverance, reconciliation, miracles and more.
5. The significance of our place in his service – We all want to do things that matter. In the church we find the opportunity to live for something bigger than ourselves. The church is the best opportunity we have to take a portion of our time, talent and treasure and say with conviction, “I want my life to count!”
You become the best you when you are planted in the life-giving, life-changing atmosphere of the church.