Pause for a minute and check your pulse, your spiritual pulse. How is your prayer life? Have you been fasting? Are you living your life with fresh vision and clear purpose?
We all end up somewhere but some of us will end up somewhere on purpose. Vision is about seeing into the future and imagining what can be. It is about creating a preferable future. We all need an inner architect to draft and design before we build a life.
Where there is no vision, the people perish…Proverbs 29:18 KJV
If you find yourself lackadaisical and unmotivated, most likely you have lost sight of your purpose and are lacking a clear vision.
- Some people live with no vision; they have no clarity and no restraint.
- Some people live with small vision; their future is limited by small, unimaginative thinking.
- Some people live with conflicted vision. They never fully commit to any course of action because they are constantly changing their minds
- Some people live with a wrong vision and live a life consumed with self-satisfying endeavors.
- Some people live with vague vision and become strangely loyal to preforming tedious, trivial acts.
- Some people grab hold of another person’s vision and forsake a life of unique purpose in order to make someone else happy.
Clear vision is the work of the Holy Spirit in our core being. So, ask God for a vision for your life.
When God gives a vision he gives clarity. You will know what you’re supposed to do. You’ll have focus and direction. You will also have protection in knowing what not to do. Vision will keep you from drifting. Vision will bring peace and rest. And vision will energize you with passion and commitment.
“I am looking for a lot of men who have an infinite capacity to not know what can’t be done.” Henry Ford.
Life is too short to live without vision.
One way to discover the plan and purpose God has for your life is to understand the way he made you. Set aside some time for this free test based on Carl Jung’s and Isabel Briggs Myers’ typological approach to personality. It could be a step toward living this year with renewed vision.